- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp melted ghee
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- Oil of ghee for deep frying
Method (How to make khaja (chiroti) at home)
- In a pan add the water, sugar and cardamom bring it to boil over medium flame, till syrup is sticky and single thread consistency keep aside.
- Mix together maida and melted ghee add water and knead into soft dough and set aside.
- Add ghee and maida and make paste.
- Make lemon size balls with the kneaded flour and take one ball make thin chapatti. Make 3 thin chapati with the balls.
- Take one chapatti spread 1 tsp paste over it, place one more chapatti over it and again spread paste over it, again place one chapatti. Now roll it to make a roll.
- Cut roll into ½ inches pieces and press it nicely.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Deep fry the khajas on medium heat, till evenly golden from all sides.
- Drain and transfer into the sugar syrup. Soak for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve.