Eggless Chocolate cake
Ingredients (for 8 inch cake)
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup buttermilk or (1 cup milk + 2 tsp vinegar)
Method (How to make eggless chocolate cake at home)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Sieve all dry ingredients except sugar in a bowl (maida, salt, baking powder)
- Mix buttermilk and sugar and allow it to dissolve, add oil and mix well.
- Add dry ingredient and mix well. Do not over beat or over mix the batter.
- Grease oil on a 9 inch pan or place butter paper on bottom.
- Pour cake mixture in the pan and tap 2-3 times to remove airbubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till toothpick inserted in centre or the cake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool down completely on wire rack.