- ½ cup luke warm milk
- 1 and 1/8 tsp instant yeast
- 2 cup maida (all purpose flour)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup butter
Method (How to make cinnamon roll at home)
- Mix yeast and sugar into the warm milk in a large bowl and stir gently to combine the yeast, keep aside for 10 minutes, once the yeast has proofed, add butter, salt and maida into the yeast mixture and knead gently until well combined.
- Turn dough onto lightly greased flat surface or kitchen plateform and knead for 12-15 minutes. Apply butter and place the dough into a greased bowl and cover with cling wrap or cloth. Keep in a warm place for 2 hrs. or until dough is doubled in size.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Knead again the dough gently and make 4 part.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle shape.
- Brush with melted butter and top with sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered square or comparable sized round pan Brush with remaining melted butter and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and brush with some butter and serve immediately.