- 3-4 long size Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Italian herbs or oregano
- 1 tbsp Red chilli Flakes
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
Method (How to make potato wedges at home)
- Wash and peel potatoes. Slice the potatoes into half lengthwise. Again cut them into 3 or 4 pieces lengthwise.
- Boil water in a saucepan and when water starts boiling add potatoes and salt to the pan and cook for about 2-3 minutes or till potatoes are 3/4th done.
- Drain excess water using a strainer and keep it aside to cool down on room temperature.
- Take 2tbsp corn flour, red chilli flacks and Italian herbs in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix all this together so that the spices get mixed evenly.
- Put slices of potatoes into the corn-flour mixture and coat it all over the slices. Gently toss the potato in the mixture to get the spices coated all over the potato slices.
- Now keep it in a freezer for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan or wok.
- Slide in a few slices of potatoes into the hot oil. Fry till they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove them from oil and drain them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.