South Indian Dry Chutney Powder
- 1 cup Urad Dal
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1 cup Grated Dried coconut
- 1 cup Dried Red Chilli
- 1 cup Kashmiri red chillies
- 1 cup Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Tamarind
- ¼ Jaggery
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Asafoetida
- 3-4 tbsp Sunflower Oil
Method (How to make chutney powder at home)
- Dry roast chana dal until its aromatic and light red in color. Do not brown. Transfer it to a plate and allow to cool.
- In the same frying pan similarly dry roast, urad dal till aromatic and light red in color. Transfer them to a plate and allow to cool. Keep all the dals separate.
- Next on a low flame in the same frying pan, dry roast grated dry coconut till they are little crisp. Transfer it into plate.
- Heat oil in the kadhai. When its hot, add mustard seeds. When it start splutter add hing and haldi, keep the flame on low and roast red chillies and curry leaves, till both red chillies and curry leaves have turned crisp.
- Add tamarind sauté for few seconds and add jaggary. Switch off the flame.
- Add salt to taste and adjust the seasoning if required
- Mix everything together and blend in blender in 2-3 rounds so that it gets mixed uniformly.
- Tasty chutney powder is ready.
- Store it in air tight containers and use when required. Tastes best upto 6 months.
- To serve mix a spo