Vegetable Oat idli
Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)
- 1 cup oats, quick cooking oats or rolled oats
- ½ cup fine sooji
- ½ cup sour curd or 1 cup butter milk
- 1 cup water or add as required
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- ½ cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tbsp beans finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped)
- 4-5 curry leaves (finely chopped)
- salt as required
Method (How to make healthy oat idly with vegetable)
- Take 1 cup oats in a grinder and grind to a fine flour.
- Mix together oat powder and sooji.
- Now add butter milk or curd add desire water to make idli consistency batter.
- Add grated ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Then add the grated carrots, beans and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cover and allow the batter to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease the idli moulds with some oil or ghee.
- Heat water in the idli steamer.
- Mow add salt as per taste and stir very well.
- Finally add 1 tsp eno fruit salt and stir very well so that the eno is mixed evenly in the batter.
- Pour the oats idli batter in a the greased idli moulds.
- Place the moulds in the steamer.
- Cover and steam the idlis for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the steamed idlis to stand for few minutes then remove them with a spoon.
- Serve oats idli hot or warm with coconut chutney or sambar.