Khatta Khaman Dhokla
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup chana dal
- ½ cup sour curd
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger green chilli paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- Salt as per salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 pinch asafoetida
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3-4 green chillies
Method (how to make khatta dhokla at home)
- Soak dal and rice for 4-5 hours.
- Grind into fine paste using curd and water.
- Add ginger and green chilli paste.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and keep it in a warm place for fermentation atleast for 4-5 hrs.
- Grease one dhokla pan or any thali with the oil.
- Boil water in the steamer.
- Now add ginger and green chilli paste and eno fruit salt into the mixture and mix well.
- Transfer batter into the greased pan and put in the steamer, steam cook for 12-15 minutes or till toothpick insert come out clean.
- Let it to cool for few minutes and cut into square pieces.
- For tempering heat oil in a tadka pan, add mustard, cumin, when it start crackle add asafoetida and slit green chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the cooked and cut dhokla pieces.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with green chutney.