Matar Malai Curry
Ingredients (for 4-5 servings)
- 2 cup Green peas (boiled)
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 3 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
Method (How to make restaurant style matar malai at home)
- Put refined oil or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds, add chopped onion and sauté till light brown on low flame.
- Add chopped garlic and ginger pieces into it.
- When they turn pink in colour, add chopped tomato and coriander powder, cinnamon powder and turmeric powder in it and cook it for another 10 minutes.
- Then add salte, red chilli powder and garam masala into it.
- Then add milk and malai into it.
- Cook for 4-5 min, add boiled green peas into it and cover the pan, cook for 10-15 min, or till done.
- Matar malai is ready to serve garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with paratha or roti.