Sweet and Sour Red Pumpkin Curry
- 500 gms red pumpkin (kaddu)
- 1 tbsp mustard cup oil
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp crushed fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger (grated)
- 3 to 4 whole dry red chillies
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander for garnishing
- 2 tbsp mint leaves chopped
Method (How to make sweet and sour red pumpkin curry)
- Peel, deseed and chop the pumpkin into 2 to 3 cm cubes. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadahi and add the asafoetida, fenugreek.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger and the whole red chillies and sauté till colour change.
- Add the pumpkin and saute on a high flame till it looks glossy.
- Add salt, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, chilli powder and half cup water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it become soft and mashed.
- Add the sugar and dry mango powder and half of the mint leaves, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot with poori or paratha.