Gobhi Butter Masala
Ingredients (for 4-5 servings)
- 1 medium size Cauliflower (big pieces)
- 2-3 medium size Onions
- 15-18 Cashew nuts (soaked and make paste)
- Salt as per taste
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 6-7 tomatoes (red apple tomato)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 green cardamom
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1-2 Bay leaf
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi
- 2 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
Method (How to make restaurant style gobhi butter masala at home)
- Cut and cleaned cauliflower florets, boil water in a deep pan add pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Add cauliflower in boiling water and immediately remove from the flame and leave it for about 5 minutes in the hot water. Drain the water and keep the cauliflower aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add cinnamon, green cardamom, cloves and bay leaf to this. Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and salt and saute till light brown. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Remove from flame and let it cool. Grind this to a fine paste adding soaked cashew nuts.
- Heat 3 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a pan over low flame, add red chili powder and mix till a nice aroma appear. Add the ground paste to this and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top. Add 1 cup water to this and bring to boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets, garam masala, and sugar and cook for about 6 – 8 minutes, or till the cauliflower is cooked.
- Add kasoori methi, coriander leaves and fresh cream and combine well. Top it with 1 tsp butter and remove from flame.
- Serve hot with chapathi or naan.