Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)
- 6 Pavs or buns
- 50 gram Butter
- 1 medium size Onion (nicely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 small Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2-3 medium Tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala (any brand or home made )
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Method (How to make mumbai street food Masala Pav at home)
- Chop and keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter on a pan or tawa.
- Add the onions and saute till light brown .Add the garlic paste and mix well.
- Add capsicum and saute till capsicum softens.
- Add tomato and mix well and cook well until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the pav bhaji masala , red chilli powder, salt and mix well. Nicely mash with the masher.
- Add 1 tsp of butter and mix well
- Add lime juice and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- To make the Masala pav
- Slit the pav in the middle, apply butter and place the pav on the hot tawa.
- Coat the slit pavs with the gravy as well as add some gravy sandwiching it between the pav.
- Place on a serving plate, garnish with coriander and butter.
- Serve them hot along with chopped onions.