Whole Wheat Pizza Paratha
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
for outer part
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce or tomato sauce
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1tsp dry oregano
- ½ cup capsicum finely chopped
- ½ cup paneer (grated)
- ½ cup mushrooms finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped, adjust to taste
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ¼ cup wheat flour for rolling paratha
- 2 tbsp oil for roasting paratha
Method (How to make pizza paratha with wheat flour)
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and oil, add the water as needed to make soft and pliable dough. Cover the dough and set aside for about one hour.
- Use one cotton cloth to squeeze the chopped capsicum and mushroom to remove the extra water.
- In a bowl capsicum, mushrooms, paneer, salt, chili flakes, oregano and cheese, mix it well.
- Again knead the dough and divide in four equal parts.
- Roll two part of the dough into about six-inch diameter, use dry flour as needed to roll.
- Apply pizza sauce over the roti and place half a cup of filling in the center. Cover with the other rolled roti.
- Heat the tawa on medium heat, put some oil on the tawa generously, and place the paratha on the skillet. Cook the paratha for 2-3 minutes and flip the paratha. Paratha should be golden brown. It is important to cook paratha on low heat.
- Apply some oil on both side of the paratha and flip it again in about 2 minutes. Paratha should be golden brown both sides for crispness. Paratha should take about five minutes to cook nicely.
- Pizza paratha is ready, serve hot with tomato sauce.