Raw Jack Fruit Pakoda – Kathal Ke Pakode
- ½ kg Raw jackfruit (cut into 2 inches pieces)
- ½ cup rice (soaked in water for 3-4 hrs)
- 1 tbsp chana dal (soaked in water for 3-4 hrs)
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- A pinch of asafoetida
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Sauce or green chutney for serving
Method (How to make raw jack fruit pakoda or kathal pakoda at home)
- First apply oil on your hand and peel the jacfruit and cut into 2 inch piece of jackfruit.
- Grease some oil on the pan add some water and salt and add jackfruit pieces and boil till soft.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool down slightly.
- Make smooth paste of soaked rice and dal with green chillies and garlic cloves.
- Add all spices and salt into the paste and mix well.
- Now heat oil in the wok on medium flame.
- Dip one piece of jackfruit into the rice paste and put into the oil put 4-5 pieces in the oil and fry on medium flame till light brown and crispy from the all side.
- Serve hot with green chutney or with tomato sauce.