Amla pickle - Indian Gooseberry Pickle
- 250 gram amla
- 100 ml mustard oil
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ tsp calonji
- ¼ tsp carom seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafetida
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp salt
Method (How to make amla pickle at home)
- Boil amla with one cup water till soft. Remove the seed and make pieces of amla.
- Dry roast fennels seeds, fenugreek seeds, calonji, carom seeds and make coarse powder.
- Heat oil till start smoke, wait for cool down slightly.
- Add asafetida, coarse powder, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and amla pieces and mix well.
- When cool down completely keep in the airtight container.
- Serve after 4-5 days, and can be store for 5-6 months.