Kuttu ki Khichdi
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
- 1 cup kuttu (buckwheat)
- 2 medium size potato
- 1 green chilli
- 1 cup chopped vegetable (carrot, bottle guard)
- 2 medium size tomato
- 1 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp fried peanuts
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 2 cup water
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
Method (how to make the kuttu khichdi)
- Soak buck wheat in water for 30 minutes drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan and fry peanut and keep aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in pressure cooker add green chillies and fry for few seconds.
- Add ginger, chopped potato and chopped vegetables fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatos fry for few minutes.
- Add soaked buckwheat (kuttu) and sauté for few minutes.
- Add water and salt close the lid cook for 1 whistle after that cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- When cool down completely, open the lid. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Add lemon juice and fried peanuts, serve hot.