Home remedies for de-tanning
From using potato juice egg white to oatmeal keep away your summer tanning woes with these easy to do detanning home remedies.
- Tomato pulp contains lycopene which acts as good sun protecting factor. Keep the application for 20 minutes to let your skin get rid of its tanned layer and then just rinse off with normal water.
- Due to the ascorbic acid, lemon juice is an effective detanning agent, specially when used with glycerine.
- Potato juice along with a drop of lemon juice can be used to make a face pack too.
- Egg white with honey is a excellent recipe, too. It also help in making the skin firm.
- A very quick and easy recipe to cleanse the skin and remove dead layer is mixing curd and besan. Can be use with some rose water.
- For those with oily skin, a mixture of cucumber juice mixed with curd or milk powder can be dodge that tan.
- Aloe vera gel in known for healing damaged and tanned skin. Mix it with lemon to provide a protective layer to the skin.
- A mix of besan, milk, masoor dal powder lemon juice and pinch of turmeric can be applied in the affected area. After leaving it for 15 minutes rinse your face with fresh water.
- Rub a piece of papaya slice on the face everyday and leave for 10 minutes then wash off. This will make the skin color stay fairer in summers and doesn’t allow sun tanning.
Curd and tomato face pack
Take 1 teaspoonful of curd in a small bowl and cut a medium sized tomato and squeeze the juice of half tomato in the curd. Then, mix the curd and tomato juice. Apply this face mask evenly on the skin and leave for 30 minutes. Wash the face with normal water. This takes off the sun tan and brings back the natural color of the skin. This can be tried 3 times in a week for best results for all skin types.
Lemon juice and honey face pack
Mix 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice with 1 teaspoonful of honey and apply this on the face. and wash after 30 minutes. This has to be done every other day to keep the skin free of tan and for the removal or any sun tan on your skin. Lemon juice will gently bleach the skin and make your skin look fairer as well while honey will impart glow. This too is suitable for all skin types.
Oatmeal and milk pack
Take 2 teaspoonful of oatmeal and mix 6 teaspoonful of milk in it. Keep this for 5 minutes. This is essential to let the oatmeal soaked up with milk and swell up. Now use this oatmeal pack on your face and let it get dry for 30 minutes. Then wash your face by gently scrubbing the skin. This will eliminate the sun tan and will also exfoliate the skin for and extra glow. This is a good detan pack for all skin types butit is best for dry skin.