Cashew Makhana Curry
Ingredients (for 3-4 serving)
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsps Ginger green chilli paste
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp Ginger, julienned
- ½ tsppepper powder
- 50 gm beaten curd
- 2 tsps. Garam Masala powder (vrat special)
- 100ml Cream
- Rock Salt according to taste
- 2 tsps Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 cup Makhana
- 15-20 Cashewnuts
Method (How to make cashew makhana curry for navratri)
- Soak cashewnut in milk for 1 hr. and make fine paste.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil or ghee in pan and roast makhana till crispy.
- Now hot remaining ghee or oil add ginger paste and tomato paste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or till oil separate.
- Cook for few minutes, add cashewnuts paste and cook for few minutes.
- Add the beaten curds and a cup of water. Cook further for 5 minutes.
- Add fried makhana in the gravy.
- Finally add fresh cream, ginger juliennes and garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves serve hot with kuttu aata poori.