Semolina – Sooji Cake in Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup fine sooji
- ¼ cup maida
- 2/3 cup lukewarm milk
- ¼ cup thick curd
- ¼ cup refined oil or melted butter
- ½ cup powder sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp chopped cashew and almonds
- 1 tbsp tutti fruity
- 1 -1 tsp oil and flour for greasing pan
- Mix powder sugar, oil and curd in a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add maida, sooji and half of the milk and mix nicely. Keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining milk, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamom powder and half of the nuts and tutti fruit and mix well.
- Greese 7 inch cake pan with oil and sprinkle flour to make a fine coating.
- In a pressure cooker add one cup salt and put one wire stand on it, heat on medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the vessel and gasket of the pressure cooker.
- Pour cake batter in the cake pan, add remaining chopped nut and turri fruity over it, tap gently to remove air bubbles.
- Carefully put the cake tin in the pressure cooker and close the lid, bake the cake on low flame for 35-40 minutes or till toothpick insert came out clean.
- Remove tin from the cooker and demold the cake, cut in the slices and serve.