Moong Dal Namkeen Dalmoth
- 1 cup moog dal (skinless)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Oil for frying dal
Method (how to make haldiram moong dal at home)
- Wash and soak dal with baking soda atleast for 8 hrs or overnight.
- Wash again and drain all the water, spread dal on the kitchen towel or any cotton cloth and allow to dry for 1 hr.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed wok or pan. To check the oil, drop a dal and if it comes up quick then your oil is ready for frying.
- Take one steel strainer and keep in the oil put 2 tbsp dal in the strainer and fry till sizzling sound stop. Remove from the oil once they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain the dal in tissue paper to absorb oil. Let it cool for sometime.
- Sprinkle salt and mix well and store in an airtight container.