Delhi Famous street Food Kulcha Matar
Ingredients (for 3-4 servings)
- 1 cup white peas (soaked for overnight)
- 1 lemons size ball tamarind
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2-3 green chillies nicely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp pepper corn
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 ½ cup maida
- ½ cup sour curd
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
Method (How to make delhi roadside kulcha matar at home)
- Add salt and baking soda in the maida mix curd, and half oil, add water and knead soft dough. Apply oil and cover with cloth keep aside for 4-5 hrs.
- After 3-4 hrs. knead again and divide into 5-6 pieces, roll one part and sprinkle some kasuri methi over it. Heat tawa and apply some water on back side of the kulcha put on the hot tawa and cook on medium flame till bubbles come.
- Directly roast on the gas till brown spots appears.
- Or place on baking trey, preheat oven on 200 c, place baking trey on preheated oven and bake for 10 mints.
- Apply butter or ghee on the top.
- Boil mater till soft and mushy.
- Soak tamarind into the water and make paste.
- Heat oil on a wok , crush peppercorn, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom and add into the hot oil, add bay leaves and half of the chopped onion and ginger, fry till onion become soft.
- Add all dry spices cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric, and chilli powder.
- Add boiled mater and mix well.
- Add salt and tamarind paste and add one cup water.
- Boil for 5-6 minutes add garam masala.
- Switch off the flame.
- Pour in the serving bowl add onion, coriander leaves, ginger.
- Serve hot with kulcha.