Chana Dal Ka Paratha
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup chana dal (washed and soaked for 4-5 hrs.)
- 1/8 tsp heeng
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup oil
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (nicely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- Salt as per taste
Method (how to make stuffed chana dala paratha)
- Wash and soak chana dal for 5-6 hours and drain the water.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a kadhai and add cumin seeds, heeng and add soaked dal.
- Add ½ cup water and salt. Cooked on low flame till dal become soft.
- Mash dal with potato masher or any spatula and add all dry spices, grated ginger, coriander leaves and mix well. Make 10 equal balls with the mixture.
- Add 1 tsp oil in wheat flour add water and knead soft dough and keep aside for 30 minutes. Make 10 balls with the kneaded flour.
- Take one ball and roll with the rolling pin around 3 inch wide, filled with one part of the filling mixture and fold the dough from all side and press it with hand to spread filling all over paratha. Roll it again into 6 inches wide paratha.
- Heat tawa or griddle and put paratha over it, pour some oil over it and roast paratha from both side on medium flame till light brown from all side.
- Make all paratha with the same manner. And serve with tomato sauce or raita.