Whole Wheat Flour Masala Khakra
Ingredients (for 8-10 khakra)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour for rolling
Method (how to make masala khakra at home)
- Mix all dry ingredients and knead into a soft dough using milk or using required water.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a very thin round of 7" diameter using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a heavy tawa or non-stick tava and cook each khakra from both side and keep aside.
- Cook all khakra and keep aside. Apply oil on both side of khakra.
- Now put all kakra on the tawa at same time and cook on a slow flame while pressing with a folded cotton cloth till pink spots appear, and crisp on both the sides of first khakra. Remove the first khakra and cook other khakra with the same manner till last khakra.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container. Serve with pickle or garlic chutney.