Potato Paneer Frankie
Ingredients(for 5-6 rolls)
For outer covering
- ½ cup All purpose flour (maida)
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup milk or water
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Water as required
- salt as per taste
For the filling
- 2 Boiled Potato (peeled and mashed)
- ½ cup Paneer (grated)
- 2-3 Green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp Red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- ½ tsp chat masala
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves (nicely chopped)
- Tomato sauce as required
- ½ cup Cabbage (shredded)
- ½ cup Onion (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup carrot (finely shredded)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Oil
Method (How to make aalo paneer Frankie at home)
- In a large bowl mix both the flours, salt and baking powder and mix well. Add milk or water and knead into a soft dough. You may also use water to make the dough.
- Cover with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside dough for atleast ½ an hour.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using dry flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and semi-cook the rotis and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil and add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add the mashed potato and mix .
- Add all the dry powdered spices except the garam masala and mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and add the paneer and mix well.
- Cover and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala and mix well, filling is ready.
- Divide the filling into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into an oblong roll and keep aside.
- Divide the chopped vegetable (cabbage, onion and carrot) in 6 equal portion and keep aside.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on one end of the roti, place 1 portion of the salad over the stuffing add 2 tsp mayonnaise and tomato sauce and roll the roti tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Place the rolls on it and cook, using a little oil till brown spots appear on all the sides.
- Make all Frankie with same manner and serve hot with tomato ketchup.