- 4 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup corn flour
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp chilli flacks
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 cup grated cheese (mozzarella or processed)
- Oil for frying
- Salt as per taste
Method (How to make Maccain style potato nuggets at home)
- Mash or grate potatoes nicely, add half of the bread crumbs and half of the corn flour.
- Add all spices and salt, add grated cheese and mix well with hand, add tsp oil and mix. Cover the potato mixture and keep inside the fridge for ½ hr.
- Make small small balls with mixture.
- Add water in the corn-flour and make paste.
- Dip one ball in the corn-flour mixture and roll over the bread crumps and keep aside make all nuggets with the same manner and keep in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry nuggets in hot oil till brown and crispy.
- Serve hot potato nuggets with tomato sauce or with green chutney.