Leftover Rice Lolly-pops for kids
- 1 cup cooked or leftover rice
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potato
- ½ cup grated paneer (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1-2 green chillies chopped (optional)
- ½ cup chopped vegetables (carrot, cabbage, capsicum or any vegetable of your choice)
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp chat masala or maggi masala
- Oil for deep frying
- 20 toothpicks
Method (how to make leftover rice balls for kids)
- Mash rich with masher or with fork, mix boiled and mash potato, chopped vegetables, chopped onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, half bread crumbs, chat masala, pepper powder, salt and mix well with hand.
- Make small balls with the mixture and roll over the remaining bread crumbs and keep in fridge for 1 hr.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and fry balls till crispy and lightly brown from both side.
- Put toothpicks on all balls and serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.